Skip to main content

"Having a bit of a lie in, dear?"

Yesterday I spent approximately 10 hours in Olympia and did not worry a bit about the long drive home... because there's no school today!! (Although for many NY teachers, it's the beginning of a week long break). I walked, I lightly shopped, the only thing I didn't do was eat, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. The final result is that I'm relaxed and ready to get to work on planning the next few weeks today.

Before I start, I need to dump some of the randomness from my head. First, my former company was bought this week by the NYTimes. Yes, if I hadn't been laid off, I would now be working for one of the most famous newspapers in the world. Also, a former co-worker just published a new book - Improbable : A Novel. This is just a taste of the incredible talent that used to surround me. Of course, I'm still surrounded by talent - it's just locked in the 'everything-sucks' adolescent stage.

Found on The Endless Faculty Meeting - Herding Monkeys. I think it's amusing, but I'll still be heading into work again Tuesday. Less than 24 hours left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question