Skip to main content

Spring Break Update

So far, I've:

  • Cleaned my apartment and dirtied it up again
  • Actually cooked several meals without using the microwave
  • Re-arranged the furniture
  • Read a book, working on a 2nd
  • went to the gym twice!
  • paid all my bills and discovered that I'm totally broke, again.
  • Started writing a book. The idea just came to me yesterday - I'm waiting for reaction from selected friends.

Should I do laundry or head out shopping? I really need some rain gear (because it hasn't stopped raining since last Wednesday, March 30th!) and I was thinking of going out to Cape Flattery. I've heard it is incredible.

Comments

Over the years I've started and stopped at least a dozen books--but one I finished. A mystery novel. One of the proudest days of my life was the day I wrote "The End" on page 357.

It was also the only book I didn't tell anybody about, even my wife, until I was 100 pages into it--and I never told anybody about the content until I finished.

I don't know if that was a coincidence or not--but that's what happened.

And no, I haven't gotten an agent or publisher yet-- truth be told, I really just wanted to finish one!

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question