Skip to main content

Back to School

I finally went back to school. Cue Darth Vader music now.

Tuesday I stopped in to see if I could get a key to my new classroom, previously I had been told that I couldn't until all the teachers came back. Officially the first day back is August 30th. Imagine my surprise to see a sign-in sheet on the secretary's desk with almost every teacher's signature on it... in fact, most of the dates listed were from the previous week. Great! Now I look like a total slacker. Just the impression I wanted to give our entirely new administration.

On the plus side, I did finally get my key.

Yesterday was spent unpacking boxes. Mounds of boxes. And a stack of notebooks approximately 2 feet high. My mother's office generously donated a huge box of supplies to me, my brother and Aunt for the coming year. I gave a lot to my aunt because she really can't afford to buy any on her own... and I've got to shop for something (total shopaholic). While unpacking, I discovered a shocking abundance of notebooks and pens. I gave 30 to another teacher and let the counselors know that anyone who in need could "shop" my closet.

Unfortunately, I'm missing more than a few things. Like the year long plan I made last spring... I'm hoping that they'll turn up today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question