Skip to main content

12 hours/20 minutes to go

Today I did nothing school related. Well, except wonder if I've forgotten anything... everything should be where I left it on Sunday, patiently waiting for the students to come pooring in.

I had breakfast with my family today, including my younger brother. Also a teacher (in another district), he started last week. This is his first year as a public school teacher, having taught the past six in a private school. He spent most of the morning telling about the thousands of dollars he has to spend on school supplies and extra paid personal days. Plus, I believe there is even a staff bathroom right near his classroom! It's like teaching Nirvana. My mind is still reeling at the amount of money he gets for classroom supplies. With that kind of money I wouldn't have to beg for cast off furniture! I could buy a classroom library! Heck, if I did used books, I could even build one bigger than the school's library.I could buy a classroom set of Shakespeare Made Easy. I could buy a new computer... I could buy a LCD Projector. I could buy rolls of colored butcher paper with a dispenser cart! My mind boggles at the possibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question