Skip to main content

Letter Home to Parents

I sent out a letter home to the parents of my freshmen today. The letter contained a quick note about being excited for the school year and how important parents are to a student's success - along with a chart of how to help the student and my contact information. It was read over by two people and I edited it... but I'm still terrified that it probably includes a hidden typo somewhere. Or some sort of local insult no one has bothered to tell me about.

I think I'm going to drive myself insane with the stress over every minute detail. Last year, I was just trying to make it through each day. Now I'm trying to make it better that just survival. Not much fun at the moment.

Comments

~~ Melissa said…
Hello,

I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm enjoying your entries.

You made me laugh about your worry over possible typo's in your note home to parents because I get all paranoid whenever I write a note to a teacher (for the same reason). Sometimes the simplest note ends up taking several drafts (is my handwriting acceptable, is my grammar correct, are there any spelling mistakes...). Funny.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question