Skip to main content

Committment


committment! I bought a house!!! I'm freaking out!!! Ok, not really... but I my mind is running a mile an minute. The house is nothing my original vision. It's a 1954 box... that's the best way to describe it. Living room, eat-in kitchen next to 2 bedrooms and bath. It's been added onto since 1954 - master bedroom and separate laundry room, but still, it's a box.

Both kitchen and bathroom need work, but only cosmetic. I have no idea who thought having that type of range would been a captial idea, but there it is. I'm hoping to replace at some point with a either a flat topped range or a cooktop and built-in oven. The light fixtures also need some updating, but it's not an emergency. Really, the hideousness of the brown tile floor so capture the eye that no one even notices the light fixtures. You knew there had to be brown tile somewhere... I cannot escape it.

The bathoom is fairly plain. Of course, the plainness does emphasize the plum sink, toilet and bathtub quite a bit. It's somewhat shocking at first. However, I'm not really a hang-out in the bathtub kind of gal and they can be repainted. It is a real bathtub - not a fiberglass insert. All in all, as bathrooms go, it's fine. I can live with it for a few years.

On the plus side, walls been modified to create a somewhat open floor plan, and could easily be expanded to make it even more so. The floor plan has a great party flow, fenced backyard for future doggy and largish deck (again, party planning), real hardwood floors and large master bedroom. There isn't a lot of immediate change needed and hopefully, no major fixes. There's enough room to have lots of overnight guests comfortably and a good sized garden area.

Inspection will be done next week. This morning I thought it would be a no brainer... then someone mentioned MOLD!, so I'm trying not to think about it. Please send lots of good vibes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question