Skip to main content

Zuchini

zuchini
zuchini,
originally uploaded by Hedgetoad.
My garden is going gangbusters! When those tomatoes finally ripen, it's going to a salad extravaganza. The Zuchini will be shredded and frozen to be added into everything this winter. Did you know that you can add vitamins and fiber to almost anything by just putting in some zuchini? Oh, yes. I will be full of vitamins this winter.

I guess garden is kinda a misnomer. It's really a couple of areas with plants. The back yard was totally planted with grass. No beds at all. Removing that grass is quote a chore! Digging, "lasagne method", what ever... it takes forever. And you have to vigilant about straggling grass that tries to reassert itself... weeds, weeds weeds! Even more shocking? I love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question