Skip to main content

Graduation

This year will be the first year my students will graduate (my middle schoolers aren't there yet) ... since they haven't really been in my classes for awhile, I didn't really think I'd be that emotional about it, but the night is here and I'm choking up writing this. It's not that I'll miss them (which I will), but rather that I'm so proud of them. So many have been smacked with sucky stick, and yet they're still going on.


One was awarded two 4 year scholarships! While supporting fully herself! Another got a football scholarship and is still on his way to becoming a doctor - I wonder if he can still spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis in under 30 seconds. I'm pretty sure he can still explain what it is... and I have yet to be able to pronounce it. The artists, the writer, the cheerleaders and the quiet girl; they're all so adult looking. And then there were the students who totally came through for me on the night of the show (which went off with only a few hiccups). I will be forever grateful to them for their ability to make total fools of themselves for a teacher - a skill that will probably get them far in life.

Comments

Congrats on reaching the end of another year. I don't know about you, but I am more than ready for a break!

I just wanted to let you know that my blog has moved to http://whatitslikeontheinside.com Blogger isn't automatically redirecting and you will likely have to update your blogroll. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question