Skip to main content

Survival

The show went on as planned and was well received. Those who attended seemed to enjoy it, anyhow. I was disappointed with the number of tickets that were sold and we didn't make quite enough money as I had hoped, but there should be enough to pay for the outstanding camp bill. However, it looks like we'll holding a car wash soon. The prep for the show was a blast! A former student volunteered to do the sound and he had everyone dancing up a storm just before we let people in.

My AP syllabus was submitted last week, as was the audit form. The audit form, however, has to be faxed in. So far, it hasn't been listed as "received" on their website. I'm hoping that it's just due to the rush of syllabi with the deadline looming last week. To be honest, I'm not sure my will be accepted. I think know that I forgot to make one requirement very plain and I'm not sure they'll figure out where it was to fit in. Either way, it's done for now.

As for everything else, the year is ending, budgets are being cut and people are leaving. No one new will be taking their places. I'm a bit worried about what will happen to several populations within our school and how we'll cope with getting them thru. Our WASL scores were released and they were not as good as last year. Several theories abound on this... my personal one is that the students really believed that the state legislature would save them from having to pass ALL portions of the test. No such luck for the major slackers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question