Skip to main content

Classroom readiness

As promised, a photo of my classroom with tables -


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Please note the broom handle... not only split in half in the photo, but desperately needed for the dust bunnies that seem to multiply like, well... bunnies. Please also note the clean desk. This is the last time it will appear like that until next summer.

Yes, that is a Yoda poster in the back. In my first year at my current school I was always saying "do or do not... there is no try" whenever a student told me they had tried to do something. Last year, it was changed to "do or do not... there is no like" in response to the incessant whine of "I don't like it". Apparently, if a book doesnt' have a dead body or other horrific scene within the first two pages, it's not worth reading.

The blank poster on the door is actually an event planner. I haven't put the titles on the boxes, but the upper portion is for announcements. The middle three boxes are where the jobs for the event are listed on little post-it notes with the name of the person responsible. The first box is "to-do", second is "doing" and third is "done." The bottom boxes are for supply lists and problems. It's a good visual reference for everyone involved.

Yesterday I finally got my computer back. However, I was only able to print a few pages before the printer went TU again... I mailed some attachments home for printing, but it doesn't look like they made it. I swear this nickle and dime crap is going to drive me nuts. I may have create a new sign for the door reading "don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish."

Today's agenda is re-working my first week's plan. I had it planned out several weeks ago, but now I'm thinking I need to jazz it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question