Skip to main content

Green Stuff

For the past couple of days, Lala* has had a somewhat juicy sounding cough. She's always been a bit wheezy, but the cough had been moving slowly up the juicy/more frequent scale. Last night, after charming every mother attending the local high school basketball game (my dance team had a performance), we came home to a screaming-I'm-so-uncomfortable-can't-breathe cold and the nasty elevens.

After two showers and sitting next to a steaming tea kettle and about a hundred trips around the kitchen in the stroller, she finally relaxed enough to fall asleep. Might I stress my love of my umbrella stroller? I'm pretty sure it's the single most sanity saving device I have. Lala loves to ride around in it, it can double as a rocker, sit in the bathroom while the shower is running and for a kid who dislikes the car, dryer and being held in any position except fully verticle (while I'm standing-no sitting allowed), well, I may have it enshrined.

Today we're off to purchase a humidifer. I, seriously, never thought I would purchase one given that I live in one of the few rainforests in the US. It rains constantly, everything is either mossy or moldy... but I'd rather fight mold than an uncomfortable baby. I've been visiting other's blogs and I'm seriously wondering... how do you find all this time to take photos??? I think I have a total of 3 and one is because I have to get a thank you note out. Seriously, I can't wait until my coaching contract is up. Only one more month!

Oh yeah! Lala rolled over the other day! It was the first time I'd ever seen do that... and, of course, I was on the phone so couldn't rush over to coo over her.

*baby's name has been changed to protect her identity

Comments

Nacho Lover said…
oh my goodness, congratulations on your new addition! how wonderful for you!
hope baby gets better soon and you catch up on some rest! :)
Dr. Psycho said…
Lots of people blog about their kids under false names, to spare the little guys embarrassment.

"Lala" isn't bad, but nobody will ever top the famous Pseudonymous Kid, son of Bitch PhD. [ http://bitchphd.blogspot.com ].

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question