Skip to main content

I didn't want to do it...

For those who have been following for awhile, you knew that last winter I had a foster child placed with me. The child is now in the process of transitioning back to her biological family. Very sad for me, but I'm cautiously happy for her. This weekend was the first overnight visit. As a consequence I didn't really want to do trick-or-treaters. I wanted to paint the kitchen.

I turned out the lights, remove the decorations... they still knocked. I let the dog bark ferociously, they still knocked. Who lets their kids knock on darkened doors with ferocious sounding dogs? Oh, the ones who aren't kids. Swear to God, I had a pregnant woman knock on my door. No, it wasn't part of her costume, and no she didn't have any other kids. Just her and a man who hopefully was the "baby-daddy." A sign of bad economic times or simply another example of how trashy this town really can be?

Want more proof? An 8 year old's costume at school? Jamie Lynn Spears, complete with baby doll and fake pregnant belly. Because they're never to young to be exposed to teen-age pregnancy. Ick.

Comments

Maybe they were trick or treating for cans of food?

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question