Skip to main content

Jobs

I've made it passed the first half of the day - it's all down hill from here.
 
I ended up changing my plans at the last minute for the "class of evil" and the VP was so impressed with my idea*, he wants to see it in action tomorrow. I told him it will probably suck, as these students rarely do anything, but he was cool with it. I have to say that the coolness in work environment is one of the reasons why I like my job. 
 
I'll find out if I get to keep it when the state legislature finalizes the budget.
 
Apparently, every school district in the state is thinking the same way because there are almost no jobs posted anywhere for the upcoming year. Not even in places where no one wants to live or the schools that have huge turn-overs. Nada. Granted it's early, but in five years, there has never been this few job posting for the state. Yes. I do check on a regular basis. You never know what will come up... and right now, it's nothing.
 
The Evil class filled out job applications today, for jobs they would be qualified for after graduation. No computer programers or head football coaches. Tomorrow, they have to give a speech describing why they would be the best person to hire. Again, a few took it seriously. Most attempted to apply for the head football coaching job at a local high school. It was hard not to laugh when one student thought that job would pay over $100,000/season. I really do wonder how bad reality is going to hit them or if they'll just meander through life waiting to "grow-up".

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question