Skip to main content

End of the Year Wrap Up

I spent the last two weeks of year desperately trying to not vomit in class, while simultaneously downing copious amounts of pain killers. It took awhile to get into to see a chiropractor, but apparently I have a vertebra in my neck pointing in a wrong direction and a hip joint that is tilted. According to the chiropractor my right leg was nearly two inches shorter than my left... who knew? Anyways, it may be working to rid me of weeks long headaches I've been having.

In the meantime, I decided officially to do national boards. I may be insane. Last week I attended a Jump Start session. It was somewhat scary and very informative. If you're thinking about doing national boards, I highly recommend attending. On thing everyone mentioned over and over how much time is required to complete everything. Dozens of stories of neglected family members, houses falling apart, no personal time, etc. I'm still nervous about being able to get everything done... especially with my propensity for procrastination.

Since returning home, I've napped for hours, washed the siding, shopped and cleaned. I'm starting the procrastination early.

Comments

MJ said…
Way to go on NB! Keep us posted on your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question