Skip to main content

2011 Resolutions

list Yah, you know I totally love to make resolutions. I make them ALL the time! It’s Monday… time for a new resolution! It’s July… time a for a new resolution! I like to think of it as continual improvement and adjustment.

1. Obviously, my resolution for school is to, again, keep up with grading. For the rest of the semester, I think that will show up more as projects – wherein students are working for several days on a finished product, rather than having an assessment of their learning almost every day. And to quit screwing around during my prep period talking to people about stuff that doesn’t really need to be talked about, like who is going to make me loose my mind that day.

2. Sadly, although I received a Mimio for my classroom several weeks ago, I have yet really pull it out the box. I haven’t had the time to explore with it or even figure out how to plug it in. Hopefully, I’ll do that this year!

3. Be more organized! Actually, I did quite a lot of organization this summer – like a full month of going through every single file in the file cabinets (mine and two other teachers’ hand-me-downs), my overstuffed closet. However, things do tend to pile up on my desk during the school year. I need to keep it cleaned off and keep everything going smoothly.

4. Get up earlier! A calm morning makes for a calm morning. The easier it is for me to get out the door, the more calm I’ll start the day off at school. Plus, the earlier I get there, the more time for set up and those pesky meetings that always seem to creep up on me. I make no guarantees that I’ll love it, though.

What else? What do you think a teacher should resolve to do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question