Skip to main content

Best Tweets!

Have you been following the coverage in Wisconsin? Really, I have no chance to watch news any more - it's really hard to hear over the wailing for Hand*y  M*ann*y... so I'm reduced to face*B^k and T*witt*r.

So the best tweets I've seen:

"Let's just all give the nation's wealth to 1 old Republican white guy named Steve & stop pretending"

"CONFIRMED: Further violence in WI Capitol. A woman just entered hallway, unsolicited, and gave us all homemade cookies"

"HS Student responded: 'you're wrong. I am learning a lot here. I am learning about democracy'"

"Teachers of Wisconsin: Please being your red pens tomorrow to correct the Tea Partiers' signs"


***updated****8pmPST

"They underestimate a protest by people who are used to standing on their feet all day" (and I would also add... no bathroom breaks!)

"We're getting called a lot of names. Good thing educators taught us to ignore bullies."

And this one... while not the funniest, does really point out a decided a lack of thinking on the part of many people:

"Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist."


Because you better believe that once this chip falls, the rest will come crashing down. The talking heads can scream all they want, but all the vitriol in the world won't get you a job to put food on the table and a roof overhead at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway!

Free Stuff! What a great way to start a week! A little somthin’-somthin’ for my peeps. (does sound hokey? ‘cause it sounds totally smooth in my head). CSN.com is letting me hand out a little gift card to one lucky reader! And by little, I mean, a substantial amount. $50 smackers. 50 semoleons. 50 clams, baby. Which can buy you something very nice to make your January quite fun or your Valentine’s Day a little more romantic.  CSN is comprised of over 200 online stores, where you can find everything from Delsey luggage to Le Creuset cookware! How styling would I look with this set, while attending my first AP reading? This has a definite wow factor! Yes! I was asked… still waiting for my district to work out the details as it takes place while we are still in school. No one can make the decision at this point because, well… there is no more money anywhere. I’ll know for sure by next week. Enough of school politics! This will be one of those giveaways with fantastic odds! Unfortunat...

Tag

I was tagged... Here are the instructions: 1) Go into your archives. 2) Find your 23rd post. 3) Find your 5th sentence (or closest to it). 4) Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules. 5) Tag five other people. Here it is... Since I was to be in a meeting all day, the district hired a substitute for my classes. And thus my aversion to having subs in my class was born. Or rather the unknown factor of them - the planner in me cringes at the thought of being off schedule. Of course, I could be flexible, but flexible is much harder.

Summer Notes

Books to Read: New Kelly Gallagher   Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions  by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana  Notes for Art: Group Project for the First Day Expectations from group project exit question